Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: AstroMundus

AstroMundus 1 year 9 months ago #78

• Hannah Dalgleish
Dear all,

As a recent graduate of the AstroMundus Masters programme, I would like to appeal on their behalf. AstroMundus has been an incredible opportunity, I have been able to study in 3 different countries (it could have been 4) and studied with other people from all over the world. What I have learned from this course is beyond anything any other Master course provides. Not only did I study a vast range of astrophysics topics, but I also got to do research, (which will hopefully become a paper, along with other students' work). But most of all, I experienced the life and culture of very different countries (Austria, Italy and Serbia) and made valuable friends for life who I will work with for many years to come.

AstroMundus is currently trying to raise money especially for students from developing countries "where higher education in Astronomy and Astrophysics is not yet sufficiently developed or is still missing." I feel like this is exactly what AWB would believe in supporting.

Please share this campaign and help as much as you can, every little helps.
Many thanks,
Hannah
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AstroMundus 1 year 9 months ago #79

• Mike Simmons
Hi Hannah,

Thanks for sharing this. It's certainly an effort that AWB supports, as you say. AWB is raising money for its own programs now as well but there could be others here who would like to support AstroMundus as well.

Mike
Mike Simmons
President
Astronomers Without Borders
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Mike Simmons, Andee Sherwood, Andrew Fazekas, Zoe Chee
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds