Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: International Astronomical Youth Camp

International Astronomical Youth Camp 2 years 8 months ago #9

• Hannah Dalgleish
I hope that this is ok to post this here, I thought some people might be interested.

The International Astronomical Youth Camp (IAYC) is a non-profit camp for 16-24 year olds. It lasts for three weeks every summer and takes place in a different country each year. Next year it will be in the UK for the first time, the 52nd camp! Everyone has a choice of working group, from a choice of many different topics, from astrophotography to exoplanets to programming to electronics to building a radio telescope... We also have lots of other activities, as well as excursion days. We have grants available and welcome applicants regardless of their background and previous experience, the only requirement is a passion for astronomy!

Here is the website if you'd like to check it out: www.iayc.org

You can expect to see more information about next years camp appear around Christmas time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

International Astronomical Youth Camp 2 years 8 months ago #10

• Mike Simmons
Thanks for posting about this interesting opportunity. It is indeed entirely appropriate for posting here. It's what the forum is for!

Mike
Mike Simmons
President
Astronomers Without Borders

International Astronomical Youth Camp 2 years 8 months ago #11

• Johannes Stübler
A wonderful longtime proved European program. This project fits perfect to the ideas of AWB. Working together with many people from different countries. Changing the view of the world through the universal appeal of astronomy
Thanks for sharing this here ! Unfortunately I am much too old to participate ;-)
Hopefully many young people can join this or the next upcoming camps.
All the best for now and the future
Joe

International Astronomical Youth Camp 2 years 8 months ago #12

• Andee Sherwood
Hello Hannah,
We invite all of your staff members and campers to sign up for membership to Astronomers Without Borders. Once signed up as members, they may enjoy writing about their experience at camp. We would love to share their stories, photographs, and even poems about the night sky with the global astronomy community.
Thank you for your post!

International Astronomical Youth Camp 2 years 8 months ago #13

• Hannah Dalgleish
Wonderful! Thank you all so much! I will spread the word and ask people to share their experiences. :)
Moderators: Mike Simmons, Andee Sherwood, Andrew Fazekas, Zoe Chee
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds