All GAM 2011 Programs
Throughout April, 2011
Following the outstanding success of 100 Hours of Remote Astronomy in April 2009 and continuing AWB remote observing programs, Global Astronomy Month 2011 (GAM2011) is introducing special remote observing programs throughout the month. Exciting activities using advanced, remotely-accessible observatories will include online guided cosmic shows, free personal remote observing sessions, and special discounts for observing time for those who want to do more. Discover the benefits of remote astronomy and enjoy the sky from the comfort of your own home. GAM offers two ways to enjoy remote observing: online, live events with real-time narration and personal observing through remotely controlled telescopes or images on demand.
Here is a sample of online live astronomical events with real-time narration:
- Online Messier Marathon (OPENING event, April 1): observe as many Messier objects as possible in one night
- Around the Ringed Planet: observe Saturn remotely, enjoying live images.
- Stars for All
- Walking on the Moon: observe Moon to celebrate GAM Lunar Week.
- Here Comes the Sun: celebrate GAM Sun Day by remote observing session for our very own star; Sun!
- Write Your Name in the Sky! (CLOSING event, April 30): a chance to discover an asteroid! Images will be taken and shared in real time for participants to check for signs of asteroids. The winner will be recognized as the asteroid's co-discoverer!
Contact: Gianluca Masi