The following resources may be of interest to students, instructors, and informal educators.
If you have suggestions for additional resources to include please email GAM Resources Suggestions.
Logos, Banners, Posters and Graphics
Images Audio and Videos
Sky Maps, Software and Websites
Star Party Resources
Visually Impaired Resources
Remote Observing Resources
Dark Skies Resources
- GAM trailer, English (10 MB). HD version (38 MB).
- GAM trailer, Spanish (10 MB). HD version coming soon.
- GAM trailer, Romanian (10 MB).
- See all available versions of the GAM trailer on the GAM channel on YouTube.
- IYA2009 in images - Slide Show. The variety of images, location and activities presented in the slides is intended to convey a feeling of the multicultural diversity that characterized IYA2009.
- 100 Hours of Astronomy - A Photo Gallery Retrospective
- The World At Night (TWAN), a collection of stunning photographs and time-lapse videos of the world’s landmarks against the celestial attractions.
- GAM Picture of the Day (GAMPOD)
- IYA2009 video Around the World, Around the Sky - Trailer
- IYA2009 Vodcasts
- What you can expect to see with your Galileoscope – by Dr Tom Benjamin
- How to Use Your Galileoscope - a 5 minute videocast by Dr Tom Benjamin
- Evening Sky Map -- 2-page monthly guide to the night sky for all levels, multiple languages available
- Virtual Moon Atlas - free software for Moon observing
- CalSky - an astronomical calendar containing daily for every point on Earth
- Heavens Above - a web site that shows you when satellites, including the International Space Station and the Space Shuttle, are visible from any place on Earth
- Cartes du Ciel - a free program that shows you whats in the sky at any time
- Stellarium - open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.
- Celestia - a free space simulation that lets you explore our universe in three dimensions
- Eyes on the Skies - The International Astronomical Union's book and movie celebrating the 400th anniversary of the telescope.
- Capture the Cosmos - A Guide to Photograph the Sky.
- Photo opportunities during GAM - A guide to the best celestial events to photograph with simple cameras during GAM.
- 100HA Educational resources - an excellent page with many educational resources gathered for the 100 Hours of Astronomy Cornerstone Project of IYA2009
- You can do astronomy
- The Space Exploration Experience (SEE) Project for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- A tactile version of the HSTCarina Nebula
- Phases of the Moon - Demonstrates the reasons for the changing phases of the Moon in an online Flash simulation
- The Moon Guide: A Resource Guide - Compiled for ASP by Andrew Franknoi
- MoonWalkers programme - from the European Association for Astronomy Education
- How to safely observe the Sun
- Build a pair of safe glasses for observing the Sun
- Build a safe solar filter for your telescope
- Build a solar spectroscope (from IUCAA, India)
- Build a sundial
- One Rotation -- a special program for observing the Sun's rotation
- Build a solar cooker
- Cosmopoetry - SARM and Friends, a mirror of SARM’s activities in this field
- Astropoetica - the regular web magazine
- Astropoetry SARM
- Astropoetry to the Global Astronomy Month 2010
- The Unidentified Aerospace Phenomena (UAP) - is a project aiming at facilitating the collection of UAP reports from both amateur and professional astronomers, via a questionnaire to be downloaded from a dedicated website.